Thursday, September 27, 2007

Barbie and the Fish



I've been wanting to shoot this fish for a while. After recently spending time with my nine year old niece (who has a very serious Barbie collection) and visiting my childhood home for two weeks, I realized that I needed Barbies to make my vision complete! This shot was done for one of our Self-Promo Assignments in which we can basically do anything we want as long as we plan and sketch it out ahead of time. I shot this at home with two White Lightnings and a yellow gel. The fish and the Barbie were a joy to work with and needed very little direction from me.

4 comments:

Sagen Kime said...

I love this!!

Dave said...

I love this shot! It's really fun. Nice lighting, I like the direction and way to go on the gel usage.

Anonymous said...

i enjoy shooting barbie. even when she is dead.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swagcool_theatre/1352710846/

Anonymous said...

It's hard to tell whether Barbie is about to eat the fish or if the fish is about to devour Barbie...now that's dramatic tension!