Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Many Faces of CKB 2.5




Cedric K. Blue II : artist, thespian, musicologist, wordsmith, choreographer, social coordinator, blogger, composer, printer, problem solver, professional party thrower, dancer, activist, television critic, role model, comedian... the list goes on and on. I've had the honor and the pleasure of knowing this legendary figure for almost twelve years and I must say that I've yet to meet anyone who gets (and deserves) as enthusiastic and slightly hysterical greetings across a crowded room as Cedric does. Nor have I ever met anyone who can scribble such brilliant and witty things on a bar napkin in the middle of the night.

In June, (yes June, he is a very patient man) I got a chance to hang with Cedric for a few hours as he made the rounds visiting his people here in Greensboro, while on a short visit from his new found home in Brooklyn. After a delicious lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant with giant beers, we popped into the studio for a quick shoot. Years ago Cedric appointed me his life photographer and although I don't get to see him too often these days, we take advantage of any opportunities we get. Keep an eye on this man, folks. You don't want to miss anything.

1 comment:

Lee Avent said...

Be careful with this one. ¨The beautiful ones always smash the picture. Always. Every time¨